The GSA is hiring 1-2 Welcome Weeks Coordinator(s)! Welcome Weeks are an important part of the graduate student experience at Carleton and requires enthusiastic individuals to organize academic and social events, workshops, pub nights and campus tours for the upcoming school year!
Position Term: June to September 2015
Number of Positions: 1-2
Salary: $2000-5000 depending on number of coordinators hired and subject to approval by the GSA Carleton Inc. Board of Directors.
- Time commitment varies – approximately 30 hours in both June and July. Approximately 50 hours in August and full time during the first two weeks of September
- Working with another coordinator/VP Operations
- Work with groups at Carleton, University of Ottawa Graduate Students Association and the broader Ottawa community
Overview of the Position
- Work with the Welcome Weeks Committee to organize and plan the orientation week program for graduate students
- Plan campus tours, graduate student workshops, parties, pub night, grad barbecue, and other events
- Plan activities that include off-campus students, non-alcohol focused activities and accessible events
- Attend Welcome Weeks Overview Committee meetings
- Run/coordinate information booth(s) during Welcome Weeks
- Maintain close communication with the GSA executive and staff
- Publicize events
- Teamwork -an ideal candidate will have the ambition to pursue projects and assignments (making calls, organizing logistics) independently under the direction of the VP Operations and the Welcome Weeks Committee.
- Organization – a coordinator will be responsible for planning, preparing and executing many Welcome Weeks events, workshops, etc.
- Problem Solving – when organizing events unexpected occurrences arise. An ideal candidate will demonstrate responsiveness and flexibility in light of circumstance
- Communication – effective communication and listening in regards to interacting with new students as well as communicating with the GSA and fellow team members
- Time Management
May 5 May 12, 2015 at Noon
Submit cover letter & resumés (preferably as one document) to: email@example.com or physically to
600 UC Carleton University
Only those who are granted interviews will be contacted.
Graduate students will be given preference.
The GSA values employment and educational equality and welcomes applications from diverse groups including (but not limited to) women; aboriginal people; people of colour; people with disabilities; international students; and gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people.