Job Posting: Outreach Coordinator (Deadline Extension)
Position Term: Beginning July 2017, continuing until April 2017
Remuneration: $21.63/hr (10-20 hours a week, 20-40 between September 3-15)
Number of Positions: 1 (open only to Carleton graduate students)
- Conduct membership outreach, including tabling, office visits, and attending graduate student events and functions to promote the services and campaigns of the GSA.
- Assist in the development of Welcome Weeks programming.
- Oversee the development and implementation of GSA campaigns including but not limited to membership outreach, advocacy, equity, academic, and other campaigns in collaboration with the Executive and staff.
- Work closely with the Membership Coordinator to help implement campaigns of the Canadian Federation of Students on campus, and help to build a student movement and coalitions with student groups on campus.
- Liaise with campus groups (such as: departmental societies, labour unions, social justice groups, service centres, departments, etc) and with the broader community to work towards achieving common goals as determined by the Executive.
- Assist in managing GSA programming including planning and logistics, recruiting volunteers, ensuring accessibility, and managing risk
- Coordinate and manage volunteers for event planning, outreach, and campaign work
- Assist in updating the GSA website and social networking accounts as well as prepare communication materials, such as letters, reports, media advisories, and press releases in tight deadlines
- Create promotional material for Mike’s Place Pub as time permits
- Other duties as required
- Ability to motivate others and recruit volunteers
- Strong communication skills and confidence with outreaching to members
- Can work independently with minimal supervision but is team oriented
- Knowledge and understanding of equity issues and creating inclusive spaces
- Ability to overcome challenges and lead a project from concept and planning through to successful execution
- Experience with community development, event planning and developing promotional material
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to work within deadlines and in an expedient manner
- Must be a current Grad Student at Carleton University
Deadline: Friday July 28, 2017 at 12 NOON
Submit resume with a cover letter to:
Email: email@example.com or
600 University Centre, Carleton University
The GSA front office is a unionized workplace (CUPE Local 1281).
The GSA values employment and educational equality and welcomes applications from diverse groups including (but not limited to) women; aboriginal people; people of colour; people with disabilities; international students; and gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people.
Only those who are granted interviews will be contacted.