The Graduate Students’ Association will likely be holding its annual elections in March. The GSA requires a Chief Electoral Officer(s) to administer these processes from nominations to the tabulation of results. In addition to getting involved with your GSA, this is a good opportunity for a graduate student to gain experience in organizing and running an election.
Position Term: Variable hours between early February and early April
Remuneration: To Be Negotiated
Number of Positions: 1 -2
Job Description: The position of CEO involves:
- Working collaboratively with the GSA Electoral Board
- Notifying nominated candidates of their nomination for election and determining if they accept
- Notifying Council members of the nominees for election and enlisting Council’s aid in publicizing the election in their departments
- Publicize the election and encourage voter turnout
- Administration of the election according to GSA Election rules and policies
- Tabulation of results
- Informing Council of results at the first meeting of Council following the election
- Informing the appropriate bodies and authorities of the election results
Deadline: Noon, Thursday, January 25, 2018
Submit resume and cover letter to:
GSA Carleton Electoral Board (Word or PDF): email@example.com
The GSA values employment and educational equality and welcomes applications from diverse groups including (but not limited to) women; indigenous people; people of colour; people with disabilities; international students; and gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people.
Only those who are granted interviews will be contacted. Graduate Students will be given preference.