Student Organizations Grant
The GSA recognizes the importance of student organized activities. As such, to help defray the cost of sponsoring and organizing events and programming, applicant groups are eligible to receive between $50 and $600 per GSA fiscal year (May to April) per event or program, and no more than $800 per department.
The Grant for Student Organizations is for activities like academic conferences, colloquia, speaker presentations, panels, workshops, and social events that contribute to graduate students’ education and community. This grant replaces the old Departmental Capital, Social, and Academic Grants, though capital purchases should be made through the Councillor Credit system.
- Applicant groups are eligible to receive between $50 and $600 per GSA fiscal year (May to April) per event or program, and no more than $800 per department.
- Grants operate on a reimbursement basis, and groups must apply in advance to get approval before incurring your expenses.
- Applications will not be processed without complete budget information.
- To receive a reimbursement, applicant groups must submit receipts after the approval of the budget and once the expenses have been incurred.
- The deadline for applications and the submission of receipts is April 15.
- Alcohol is not an eligible expense to receive funding.
- Funding cannot be used to cover more than the expenses incurred
- Applicant groups must advertise their event or programming with credit given to the Graduate Students’ Association.
- Information about the event or programming should be provided electronically to the GSA for inclusion on the GSA website and within the Grad Bulletin email newsletter. Send the info to email@example.com.
Forms should be submitted to the GSA front desk at 600 UC. The front desk will also be able to answer your questions. They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org