Do you have an upbeat personality? Are you willing to entertain an audience? Do you enjoy the weekly line up of events at Mike’s Place? The GSA is seeking an energetic, responsible person to host our weekly Trivia nights.
Position Term: Beginning September 2017 (Continues every Wednesday night for the academic year) ending in April 2018
Number of Positions: 1-2
Remuneration: Honorarium of $75 per night
- Develop trivia questions and answers to entertain and challenge teams of players at Mike’s Place
- Set up and take down microphone and sound equipment
- Host trivia nights at Mike’s Place, and distribute prizes to winners.
- Outgoing & friendly personality
- Crafty research and writing skills
- Trivial knowledge, and knowledge of trivia
- Familiarity with Mike’s Place or similar Trivia nights an asset.
- Must be available every Wednesday night during the academic year
Deadline: Friday August 18 at noon.
Submit resumes with a cover letter to:
Graduate Students’ Association
600 University Centre, Carleton University
NOTE: Applicants contacted for an interview will be asked to do a five question sample audition
The GSA values employment and educational equality and welcomes applications from diverse groups including (but not limited to) women; indigenous people; people of colour; people with disabilities; international students; and gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people.
Only those granted interviews will be contacted. Carleton graduate students will be given preference in hiring.