We are Hiring!
Mike’s Place Pub Bar Staff
Are you an outgoing people-person?
Do you appreciate the atmosphere at Mike’s Place Pub?
The GSA is seeking enthusiastic, motivated and responsible people to join our Bar Staff to work day and evening shifts.
Position Term: (start) August / September continuing
Remuneration: $14.64/hour + tips
Shifts: Minimum of one 5 hour shift per week
Number of Positions: 2 – 4
Job Description and Main Responsibilities:
- Follow MPP opening and closing procedures
- Taking orders and serving customers
- Preparing food and all the beverages, and serve them
- Product knowledge of menu items, liquor brands, wine, beer and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Restocking, cleaning, general maintenance
- Follow establishment policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Balancing daily cash
- Inventory count
- Student at the Graduate level at Carleton University
- Friendly, enjoy working with people / team player and able to work independently
- Easy going, reliable, honest and trustworthy individual
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Bartending / serving experience, and Cash & POS System experience (an asset)
Deadline: Friday August 16th, 2019
Submit resumes, cover letter, and your Day (10am-5:30pm) and Evening (5pm-10pm) weekday availabilities to:
Graduated Student’s Association
600 Unicentre Carleton University
E-mail (WORD or PDF only): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike’s Place is a unionized workplace (CUPE Local 1281). Only those granted interviews will be contacted.
The GSA values employment and educational equality and welcomes applications from diverse groups including (but not limited to) women; indigenous people; people of colour; people with disabilities; international students; and gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people.