Contract Posting: Chief Election Officer
The Graduate Students’ Association will be holding its annual elections in March. The GSA requires a Chief Electoral Officer(s) to administer these processes from nominations to the tabulation of results. In addition to getting involved with your GSA, this is a good opportunity for a graduate student to gain experience in organizing and running an election.
Position Term: Variable hours between early February until early April
Number of Positions: 1
The position of CEO involves:
- Working collaboratively with the GSA Electoral Board
- Notifying nominated candidates of their nomination for election and determining if they accept
- Notifying Council members of the nominees for election and enlisting Council’s aid in publicizing the election in their departments
- Publicize the election and encourage voter turnout
- Administration of the election according to GSA Election rules and policies
- Tabulation of results
- Informing Council of results at the first meeting of Council following the election
- Informing the appropriate bodies and authorities of the election results
Deadline: February 10th, 2020
Submit resume and cover letter to:
GSA Carleton Electoral Board (Word or PDF): firstname.lastname@example.org
The GSA values employment and educational equality and welcomes applications from diverse groups including (but not limited to) women; indigenous people; people of colour; people with disabilities; international students; and gay, lesbian, bisexual, 2 Spirit and transgender people.
This position is only available for Carleton graduate students.