Contract Posting: Chief Election Officer
The Graduate Students’ Association will be holding its annual elections in
early April. The GSA requires a Chief Electoral Officer(s) to administer these
processes from nominations to the tabulation of results. In addition to getting involved with your GSA, this is a good opportunity for a graduate student to gain experience in organizing and running an election.
Position Term: Variable hours between early March until April
Number of Positions: 1
The position of CEO involves:
▪ Working collaboratively with the GSA Electoral Board
▪ Notifying nominated candidates of their nomination for election and
determining if they accept
▪ Notifying Council members of the nominees for election and enlisting
Council’s aid in publicizing the election in their departments
▪ Publicize the election and encourage voter turnout.
▪ Administration of the election according to GSA Election rules and
▪ Tabulation of results
▪ Informing Council of results at the first meeting of Council following
▪ Informing the appropriate bodies and authorities of the election
Deadline: March 2nd, 2021
Submit resume and cover letter to:
GSA Carleton Electoral Board (Word or PDF): email@example.com
The GSA values employment and educational equality and welcomes
applications from diverse groups including (but not limited to) women;
indigenous people; people of colour; people with disabilities; international
students; and gay, lesbian, bisexual, 2 Spirit and transgender people.
This position is only available for Carleton graduate students.
See the posting in PDF below: