Position: Council Recording Secretary
Organization: GSA Carleton
Employment: Part-time (contract)
Location: Remote, through Zoom
Term: July 1, 2021 – April 30, 2022 (approximately 6-12hrs/month)
The GSA is hiring a Council Recording Secretary, responsible for attending and documenting the proceedings of GSA Council (including standing and ad-hoc committees of Council) meetings. The purpose of the Recording Secretary is to ensure that minutes kept at meetings of Council have sufficient detail to inform the membership of important issues and discussions that have taken place. The Minute Taker will be responsible for attending meetings, and subsequently submitting complete and accurate (meeting the criteria outlined in Motion 26.02.2021-03) minutes to the Vice-President Operations within two (2) business days of the meeting.
The Recording Secretary must be a member of the GSA, and not already appointed as a GSA Councillor.
Experience with Roberts Rules of Order and Minute Taking. Additional training will be provided.
Remuneration: $35/hr, with a minimum of $75 and a maximum of $225 per meeting.
Role Details Include (but are not Limited to):
- Record attendance of all meeting attendees
- Record Executive, departmental and external bodies reports
- Record and summarize meeting discussions
- Develop detailed task lists for GSA Council Members, Executives, Staff and others
- Submit completed Minutes to the Vice-President Operations within two (2) business days of the meeting
Midnight of June 25th, 2021
Please email your resume, cover letter, and any supplementary materials as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org