If you are in danger of harming yourself, please call 911, or go to nearest emergency room or walk in clinic. Otherwise, here are some options:
- Good to Talk helpline (Counsellors) geared towards students/ young people ages 18-25: 1-866-925-5454
- Mental Health Crisis Line: 613-722-6914
- Connex Ontario: 1-866-531-2600
- Telecare (Peer support): 1-705-745-2773
Websites/ Walk-in Counselling Locations:
Locations of free walk in counselling in Ottawa that do not require referrals.
Family Services Ottawa
Parkdale Avenue, Ottawa, ON
Jewish Family Services of Ottawa
300-2255 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, ON
Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO)
959 Wellington St W, Ottawa, ON
CFS | SFC Ottawa
310 Olmstead Road, Ottawa, ON
Somerset West Community Health Centre
55 Eccles Street, Ottawa, ON
South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre
1355 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON
St. Paul’s University Counselling Center
- No doctor referral required
- Seeing a counsellor who is either working towards a master’s or PhD. They are supervised by professionals with their license.
- ~$30-75 a session, based on your income.
- Only you and the counsellor in the room at the time, BUT it is filmed and only shown to the supervisor and three other students in that group as a case study. The video is deleted after the semester is over.
Find a Doctor/Physician
Walk-in Medical Clinics.
- You can attend if in mental distress or crisis.
- Ask for referral for mental health professional
- If you ask to see a psychiatrist, it will be covered by OHIP because they are a medical professional. Psychiatrists have the same amount of psychological training as psychologists, but have the authority to prescribe medication if necessary for your treatment. You do not need to take medication for your mental illness if you do not want to.
Centretown Community Center
420 Cooper St, Ottawa, ON
Elgin Family Center
270 Elgin St.
Rideau Friel Medical Center
421 Rideau St.
Ask a friend to attend or assist with any of the above processes. We love you. <3