NOTE: We are currently not accepting applications until September due to the Government’s Student Choice Initiative, which has major impacts on our ability to fund grants, awards and scholarships. For more details on the disastrous effect of the Student Choice Initiative, visit https://cfsontario.ca/action/
The GSA Family Leave Grant is designed to provide financial support for full-time and part-time Masters and PhD students who require academic leave for parental leave or other family related issues. Only those students that were granted academic leave for parental/family related issues are eligible to apply for the Family Leave Grant. To be considered for the grant, applicants must demonstrate financial need, not be receiving other forms of leave pay, and show proof of registration for two terms prior to the start of the leave.
The GSA Family Leave Grant is for a one-time amount of $1,500.
Applications will not be processed until all required documentation has been received. Photocopies are acceptable, since documentation will not be returned.
Students will be deemed ineligible for this grant where:
- They are receiving Tri-Council paid parental leave.
- They are receiving CUPE 4600 paid parental leave.
- They are receiving Employment Insurance maternity or parental leave benefits.
- They have previously received this grant or a GSA Emergency Grant for the same family related purpose.
- They cannot demonstrate financial need.